Monday, February 6, 2012

Secret Valentine Swap

Another swap I've been in recently, was a Secret Valentine swap, hosted by A Lil Scrap of Heaven. All the participants had to make a wish list, then each participant was given the name and address of another participant, and we were to send a box of gifts based on what that person put on her wish list. Here is a picture of the box that I sent my partner.


I purchased an undecorated box at Micheal's, and decorated it with some Valentine paper, also purchased from there, some heart shaped rhinestone clusters, that I believe I bought at Hobby Lobby, and a centerpiece that I made using the Spellbinders Nestabilities Decorative Elements - Heart Circles, and a heart shaped die I cut out of pink card stock, my Cricut, and the Sure Cuts Alot program. I added pink pearls to my pink heart. I then filled it with goodies that I purchased based on what she had on her list.

My partner liked everything very much, and even made a video. If you would like to see it, please visit her blog at, Scrapcat Cards by Linda . She also mad me a beautiful card using some of the supplies.


When I first opened the card, I noticed right away, that she had used some of the items I had sent her. Thank you so much, Linda, for such a beautiful card. This was such a fun swap, I hope there's one like it again next year.

Ok, now for what I received from my Secret Valentine, hehe! My SV was Ruth, and boy did she spoil me. Here are a few pictures of what she sent me.



The first thing I pulled out of the box was this beautiful card, that she made for me. I love it!



Here is a big container of buttons that Ruth sent me, and boy, was I surprised. There are all sorts of buttons, and even a few beads. These will come in handy for my cards, and anything else I might need a button for. Also pictured is a cute little Cosmo Cricket album that she sent me as well.



Here is a close up picture of some of the buttons that were in the box. Looks like there is something for just about any occasion there.


In this picture, there are a couple of paper packs, several stamps, tags, and ribbon, which will all also come in handy for making cards. There was also a bag and a box of candy included, which is about half gone...lol!

Ruth also sent me a set of blank cards, and envelopes, and a beautiful tag, which I forgot to get into any of the pictures. Thank you so much Ruth. I truly love everything...:-)


No comments: