Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It's A Party! And Your Invited!

It's that time, once again, for me to post my entry for the Card A Day Blog. This week's theme is, invitations. I chose a birthday party theme.


This is what I used to make my card:

  • One 5.5" x 8.5" piece of white card stock, for the base of the card.
  • One 5.25" x 4" piece of patterned paper.
  • Medium Spellbinders Nestabilities Decorative Elements - Star Circles.
  • Coordinating color card stock
  • Copic Markers, YG06, G14, Y02, Y08, YR07, and YR16
  • Digital Stamp from, Limited Runs Digital Stamps
  • Viva Decor Glitter Liner - Silver
I started my card off by printing the digital stamp, then coloring it with Copic markers. I then cut the image out. I then folded my white card stock in half, making a 5.5" x 4.25" card, and attached my patterned paper to the top of my card base. With my Cuttlebug, and Nestabilitie die, I cut my star circle with my color card stock, then with a dauber, I inked the edges with purple ink. I adhered my cupcake image to the circle, then adhered that to my card base. I didn't have any stamps that suited my purpose, so I decided on printing my messages out using my computer, and printer, cut them out, inked the edges with the same purple ink that I used on my circle, then placed them on my card base where I wanted them. I decided I wanted to add a little sparkle, so I dotted some silver Viva Decor Glitter Liner in the middle of each star. I know it's hard to see on the picture, but it's there...lol!

I really liked the way the card turned out, and I love the image that I used. I just love all the cupcake and other designs, Limited Runs Digital Stamps has to offer, and I know I will be going there often whenever I'm looking for something new to use.

If you have the time, please leave me a comment, and let me know what you think about my card. Also, be sure to check out the monthly challenge at the Card A Day Blog Challenge. There are prizes to be won!


5 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Such a cute fun card! Great job on the coloring too.

Michele from MS said...

So pretty Jill! My birthday is in September (hint hint)!! LOL Purple is my favorite color too! Great job!! http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Wow, Jill. That card is a party itself! What a cute card.

Donna Ellis said...

It's a darling card, Jill! I love it - thanks for sharing.

Belle said...

Awesome! Great colors and your use of line and circles is really nice. I am waiting for mine to arrive.....

Claudia