Thursday, June 23, 2016

My Favorite Things Camp Create: Wonderful Watercolor

Print

For the third day of camp, the challenge was to make a project using water color.

























To make my card, I first stamped the flower motifs on watercolor paper using my Versamark embossing pad, sprinkled it with white embossing powder, then heat set it. I then chose  two of my Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads, Festive Berries, and Wild Honey, blotted them on my craft sheet, spritzed them with a bit of water, and with a brush, I colored over the piece, first one color, then the next. The embossed flowers really seemed to pop out! I then embossed and colored one of the larger flowers in the set, using the same method, then cut it out, leaving a little of the white edge around it. I added a piece of ribbon across the paper, then adhered my large flower with dimensional tape. I decided my flower needed something extra, so I applied a piece of washi tape to a piece of white card stock, then cut it out with a circle die, and adhered it to the middle of my flower.

I really liked the way this one turned out, and had a lot of fun with it.

No comments: