Thursday, June 23, 2016

My Favorite Things Camp Create: Spectacular Shakers

Print

The last technique for this challenge is to make a shaker card

























For this card, I used a film strip die, and my fuse tool. I used the film strip cut as a guide, I made my shakers using the page protector method. I'm still not sure which technique I like best, but if I need a card to be somewhat flat, for shipping, I think I would prefer this method over the traditional dimensional tape method.

I made a rectangle slightly smaller than the film strip with the fuse tool and a page protecter, leaving the top un fused. I cut around the outside edges of the fuse, leaving a little extra at the top where the open end was. I added little bits that I die cut from a couple different confetti dies that I have, and some seed beads, then fusing each section closed as I went using the strip as a guide, then sealed up the top end after adding the last bits in it. I used the insides of the film strip for the squares to the side of the strip that are on my card, and used some of the confetti as embellishments for them. It took a little while to do this, but I really satisfied with the results.

No comments: