Sunday, July 21, 2019

My Favorite Things Camp Create Day 3: Spectacular Shakers


For the third day of the MFT's Camp Create challenge we are to make a project with a shaker element. At this time of year I usually start making my Christmas projects, so I decided to make a Christmas shaker card for this project.



I thought it would be interesting to create the shaker within the die cut Merry Christmas. I die cut the words out of both white card stock, then out of the plaid background to create the window. I added acetate to the back of the opening in the plaid paper, then added dimensional tape around it, and all around the edges of the paper. I used a white card base, and where I knew the shaker window would be, I added my sequins and microbeads, then attached the plaid piece with the window on top. I then adhered the white die cut Merry Christmas to the top of the window. To finish it off, I added some die cut snowflakes.  I really liked how it turned out so much that I made a couple of them, and I'm sure I will be making more.

Now on to day 4!


No comments: