Friday, June 22, 2018

Merry Monday Christmas Challenge #295

Hi everyone! Wow, it's hard to believe it's already June. I just realized I haven't posted since January, I sure didn't realize it had been that long. Hopefully I'll get back on the ball and post more often, and participate in more challenges.

For this post I have created a card for the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge. For this challenge we where to use this picture for inspiration.



Here is the card that I made using the peppermints in the photo for inspiration.

























The wreath was made using the Lawn Fawn Large Wreath die set, and for the peppermint candies, I used a circle die from one die set and the peppermint swirl from another, not sure where the die sets where from, but I did cut the peppermint swirl down to fit the white circle to make a smaller candy. After assembling my candies, I embossed them with sparkly clear embossing powder to give them a little extra sparkle. I made my banner from a My Favorite Things Stitched Sentiment Strips die, stamped a sentiment from my stash, then folded the ends to create a banner. To finish off my wreath, I added some red and gold Nuvo Chrystal Drops. I cut the scalloped background piece from a piece of satiny gold card stock, and used one of the pattered papers from The Paper Studio's Plaid Tidings paper pad.

I hope you enjoy this card, it was a lot of fun to make.


4 comments:

Cindy C. said...

So cute!! Candies on a wreath!

JoAnn said...

Love your wreath with the peppermint candies. Great idea. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday.

Marcia Hill said...

Your card makes me wish I had an actual wreath with the peppermint candy decorations on it Jill...LOVE it!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Fabiola said...

Très jolie création, jolie couronne gourmande, biz