Sunday, May 22, 2016

Merry Monday: Snow Globe

Hi everyone! I found this really great blog called Merry Monday, and every Monday, they have a new Christmas card challenge, and I thought I'd give it a whirl! This week's challenge is "Snow Globes", and here is what I made for this theme.

























This little reindeer and Christmas tree are from the Mama Elephant, Reindeer Games stamp set, which I absolutely love! I made a quite a few cards last year with this one, and I'm sure I'll be using it a lot this Christmas. When I went to color the reindeer, I started to use my Copic markers, but found that the browns I wanted to use where getting dried out, and I had to switch to colored pencils. I purchased a package of Prisma pencils a while back, but I couldn't find them, so I had to use some of another brand, and I wasn't that crazy with the results, so if I can't find my Prismas, I'll have to get some new ones, because I'm just not crazy about the ones I used.

Anyway...lol! The hill inside my globe was from the Lawn Fawn, Lawn Cuts, Stitched Hillside Borders set. For the snow globe background, I used a snowflake patterned paper that I had in my stash, I added some sequins and confetti that I had in my stash as well. The outside circle for the snow globe was made using the My Favorite Things Die-Namics, Inside And Out Circle die set. I didn't have any snow globe cut files or dies that I could get a base for my globe for, so I looked through some of the other dies I had to see if I could use something else, and I found one from a Spellbinders label set that I thought would work great for the base of the snow globe. The main background patterned paper is from my stash as well.

I have been getting into shaker cards a lot lately, and I really had a great time making this card. I hope to join in on other challenges in the future from this blog. See you next time!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a fun scene in your snow globe, Jill! Love that little reindeer! I'm so glad you found us and shared with us at Merry Monday!

Susan Joyce said...

Glad you played along with us at Merry Monday Jill, you created such a sweet little scene, hope you will join us again next week.

Kath said...

A lovely card - such a sweet image in your snow globe.
Kath x

Sybrina K said...

Jill, This is absolutely adorable! I, too, have that reindeer set and just can't stop inking them up! Thanks so much for the kind words you left when visiting my blog. :)