Friday, July 22, 2016

Curtain Call July 15 Challenge: Unicorn

Hi everyone! I have finally decided to join in one of the inspiration challenges at Curtain Call. Twice a month they post a picture and participants are to use it for inspiration.

Here is the photo for the latest challenge.



Here is the card I made for the challenge.

























I didn't have any unicorns, and I wasn't sure if I had to have one, but I decided to go on a hunt for one. I scoured the internet for just the right one, and after centuries, well, maybe not quite that long, I found this one, by Whimsie Doodles. I realized the one I found was actually one that one of the designers, Sheri Gilson, had used for her card, and if I had paid more attention, I would have saved myself a lot of time...lol!

I decided to use the Ring Frame, from Simon Says Stamp, using the colors I saw in the picture. I adhered it on a piece of white card stock that I embossed with a Sizzix Stampin Up embossing folder.  I copied two of the unicorns, flipping one the other way, so I could have them facing the opposite directions on top of the die cut. I adhered them with dimensional tape. I then printed the sentiment that came with the unicorns, cut it to size, inked the edges, the adhered it to the top of my card.

I really love this card, I love the colors, and those unicorns are just too cute. I think I can honestly say this may be one of my favorites that I have made so far. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these unicorns are adorable! Super sweet take on the inspiration photo!