Thursday, May 8, 2014

Card A Day Blog post: Thinking of You

Hello there, it's my turn again to post at the Card A Day Blog, and I have another "Thinking Of You" card for you to check out.


To start my card, I made a 5.5" x 4.25" white card base. For my background piece, I chose to use diagonal striped paper, so I cut out strips of  designer paper in 1/2 inch strips, then positioned them on a piece of white card stock, cut to 5.25" x 4", and when I got them placed the way I liked, I adhered them to the card stock piece.


I then flipped the whole piece over, and using the white card stock for a guide, I trimmed the edges of the designer paper even with the white card stock. After I got all the pieces trimmed off, I embossed this piece in my Cuttlebug, using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I then added it to the front of my card base.

For my sentiment I stamped "Thinking Of You" on a piece of white card stock, cut it out then matted it in on a piece of red card stock, leaving some space on the ends so I could add a jewel dazzle on each side. I then adhered that piece to the middle of my card, diagonally.

I hope you enjoyed hearing how I created my card, I really liked the way it turned out. Please leave me a comment, and let me know what you think. Please be sure to stop by the Card A Day Blog each day for some great card making inspiration, and also, check out our monthly challenge, for the chance for a great prize!






2 comments:

ciloma said...

I Adore Red! I Thought It Was Washi Tape At First. Where Did You Find Such Bright Red Paper? The Reds I Find Are Always Dull And/or Muted. Never So Bright!

Tina Campbell said...

This is certainly a cute card and I love how you came up with it. The white swiss dots peaking through is fun too