Monday, May 28, 2012

Card a Day Blog: Happy Birthday!

Here is my entry for the Card A Day Blog for today. The theme this week is birthday, and here is what I created.


To create my card, I started off with a 5.5"x4.25" white card base. For my card front, I added a piece of peach colored card stock, with the edges inked with pink. The patterned paper that I used to add my image to was from the Mariposa Stack by Die Cut With A View, cut at 4.5"x 2.75" and matted with a piece of  black card stock, 4.75"x3". 

The stamp that I used for my image was from a set I bought used, and since it was not in it's original packaging,  I'm not sure who made it, but if anyone recognizes it, and you know who made it, please let me know. It came with other bird images on the sheet. I stamped my image using clear Versa Mark watermark stamp pad, then I used black embossing powder to create my embossed effect. For the sentiment, I used the words Happy Birthday , from the Woodware stamp set, Pretty labels, also stamped with Versa Mark, and black embossing powder.

I thought it could use a little something more, so I added a piece of lace trim along the edge of the patterned paper, and a string of clear beads along the top of that. OK, I'll confess, I got a little glob of embossing powder stuck to the edge, and I needed something to cover it up with...lol! But I think it worked out pretty good.

I hope you like my little creation, and if you would like to leave me a comment, I would surly appreciate it. I love to hear about what people think of my creations. If you like challenges, please stop by and enter the Card A Day Blog monthly challenge, for the chance at winning a prize!

2 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Such a cute card and love that stamp

Cathy V said...

I realize you posted this over a month ago but I just found your blog. The bird stamp is from Inkadinkado. Love your cards!