Monday, November 28, 2011

CADB Card, Celebrate The Season

It's my turn again, to post a card for the Card A Day Blog. The theme for this week is, Celebration, and here is what I created.



I got the idea for my card from the site, Mojo Monday, which is a good source for card sketches, with examples of what others have created with their sketches.

Here is the list of materials I used to make this card.
  • 8.5 x 5.5 inch piece of white card stock, folded in half for card base.
  • Two pieces of card stock, one in a light pink, and one in dark pink.
  • Three different coordinating sheets of patterned paper. I got mine from The Ultimate Scrapbook Kit in a Stack, Christmas, from Die Cut With A View.
  • Viva Decor Glitter Liner, silver.
  • Cricut
  • Sure Cuts Alot 
  • Scotch ATG tape gun
  • Pop Dots
I started by cutting a piece of background paper 5 1/4' x 4', and attaching it to my card base using my Scotch ATG tape gun. I then cut out circles, using my Cricut and the Sure Cuts Alot program, one, four inches using the dark pink card stock, and another one, 3.5', in one of the coordinating papers, adhering the smaller circle to the larger circle, and attaching it to the card base. 

To make the rectangular banner piece, I used my Cricut, and Sure Cuts Alot program. I first chose a rectangle out of the basic shapes library, and sized it to the proportion that I liked. I then created two triangles, flipped then so the top points met in the middle, positioned and sized them to create the shape I wanted, then welded all pieces together, so that when I cut it, it will cut as one piece. I also grouped them together so I can move the piece as one around the screen, and re-size as needed. I cut one banner 4.75 x 3 inches out of dark pink cardstock, (also cutting out my small snowflake at the same time ) and the top piece 4.25 x 1.75 inches, out of coordinating paper, and adhering that piece to the solid card stock.

I placed the banner on top of my circles, then cut out two more snowflakes out of light pink card stock, then adhering them to the top left corner of my banner. I then added dots of Viva Decor to the middle of each snowflake.

On my computer, I typed out the words, Celebrate The Season, added a boarder, then printed it out on a piece of white card stock, trimmed it, then attached it to my card with pop dots.

Thank you for stopping by, and I sure would like to hear what you think of my card, so if you have the time, please leave me a comment, and tell me what you think. Also, you might also like to check out our monthly challenges at the Card A Day Blog Challenge. You might just win a nice prize.


1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Very nice card Jill and not in the traditional colors so that makes a real treat too. Love the background paper, it's different for what I have been seeing.