Sunday, October 23, 2011

Ornament Christmas Card

It's my turn once again to post on the Card A Day Blog. The theme for this week is Christmas ornaments, and here is the card I created.


The materials I used for my card are:

  • Ornament, cut out from my Cricut and using the Sure Cuts A Lot program.
  • 8.5 x 5.5 inch piece of white card stock, folded in half for card base.
  • 5.24 x 4 inch background paper from the Cloud 9 Design Seasonal Paper Stack
  • Bow made out of yellow organdy ribbon, using a Bow Easy to create it.
  • Color Box Petal Point pigment ink, dark green petal pad.
  • Foam Squares
  • Viva Decor Pearl Pen, gold
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities Beaded Oval Dies
  • Cuttlebug



To create my card, I started by adding my background paper to my card base, then after inking my oval die cut, I attached it to my card base. I then glued together my ornament front to the back, and I applied it on top of the oval with foam squares. Then using my Viva Decor Pearl Pen, I applied dots around the oval, and in various places on the ornament. After making a bow with my Bow Easy, and ribbon, I applied it to the top of the ornament. I stamped the inside of the card with a greeting. 


Thanks for checking out my car, and please let me know what you think of my card, by leaving me a comment.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Love, love your card. Can you tell me if you cut the ornament from a Cricut cartridge? Or do you have a die cut you would share?

The Scrappin Diva said...

love the card and the ornament is just too cute