Friday, September 9, 2011

Autumn Owl

Hi everyone, I hope your having a wonderful weekend so far. I now have the pleasure of being one of the designers in the Card A Day Blog,  where I have the pleasure of designing cards and posting them for others to enjoy. Every day there will be a new card posted by one of the designers, and each week, there will be a new theme. This weeks theme is Owls, and since I love owls, I had to get in on this one. This is my first post for the group, and I'm very excited.

The card I decided to make is made from digital stamps from Tiffany Doodles Digital Stamps and What nots . When I saw this little owl, and some of the card samples that where made from these stamps, I thought they would be perfect for this project.


The materials I used for my card are:
Copic Ciao Markers # E37 and E35 for the tree trunk, and E53, E33 and E35 for the owl.
8.5 x 5.5 inch piece of white card stock, folded in half for card base.
5 4/8 x 4 1/8 inch background paper from the DCWV Amber Autumn Stack
5 inch piece of fall themed ribbon.
Color Box Petal Point pigment ink, dark blue petal pad.
Foam Squares
Digital images from Tiffany Doodles Digital Stamps and Whatnots


First, I printed my digital images on white card stock, the tree is approximately 4.5 x 4 inches, and the owl is 2.5 x 1.75 inches. I then colored the digital stamps.For the tree, I used Copic Ciao Markers # E37 and E35 for the trunk, and E08 and YR16 for the leaves. I used the dark blue ink on the Color Box pinwheel to ink around the tree using a small ink dauber.  For the owl, I used Copic Ciao Markers # E53, E33 and E35. I then cut out the owl, applied two foam squares to the back, and placed him in the tree. I then attached the tree and owl on my piece of background paper, placing it just below the top edge of my background paper. Then, I attached my piece of ribbon along the bottom of the tree. Last, I attached the card front I just created to the front of the card base.

I really hope you like this little card I made, as I really enjoyed making it. Please leave me a comment, and let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Creative Genie said...

That owl is just too darned cute. Love the whimsical tree, also. Gonna have to check out those digis.

Four11Lady said...

You did a great job on this card! TFS

Maire Gamber said...

Just so cute!
Hugs,
Marie

Paula said...

Cute card! I love this owl image and your coloring looks great! Very fall like.

F.T said...

I like the owl.

Plastic Cards
Plastic card printing