Sunday, May 4, 2014

Card A Day Blog Post: Thinking Of You

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by. It's time for another Card A Day Blog entry. This week's theme is, Thinking Of You.


I got the idea for my paper pieces from a post by J Rob, on the pineandpaper blog. For my card, I started off with a 5.5" x 4.25" white card base, then added a piece of patterned paper that I had in my stash, cut to, 5.25" x 4" to the top of the card base.

For my pedals, in dark purple card stock, I cut out two squares measuring 1.25" x 1.25" and four squares measuring .75" square each, I then cut the same in the lighter purple. On each of the pedals, I rounded the corners on the two of the diagonal corners.  I then positioned the large pedals, and the single small pedals on top of the patterned paper, keeping in mind where the rounded corners were placed, and when I got them how I wanted them, I adhered them to the card base. Then, with the remaining pedals, I added dimensional tape to the back, then placed them on the top of the larger pedals, placing them close to the inside corners of the the large pedals. For a little accent, I added silver Heart Jewel Dazzles to the smaller pedal layer.

For my sentiment, I stamped the sentiment, Thinking Of You, on a piece of white card stock, inked it with the same purple ink, then placed it on another light purple pedal that I had cut out, using dimensional tape, then added it to the lower left corner of my card.

I hope you enjoyed hearing about how I made my card, and I hope, if you have the chance, please leave me a comment, I'd love it. Be sure to stop by the Card A Day Blog, every day, to see what our designers are up to, and if you like challenges, please stop by and check out our monthly challenge, where we offer a great prize for that month's lucky winner!

2 comments:

ciloma said...

Lots of squares there! Nice muted colors, too.

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful card :)