Monday, January 13, 2014

Card A Day Blog Entry: Valentine's

Hi there, thanks for coming by. I'm here today with another card that I put together for the Card A Day Blog, for the theme, Valentine.


I started off my car with a white A2 card base, and added a background piece cut to 5.25" x 4" of designer paper. For the band going across the middle, I cut a piece of light pink card stock cut to 2.5" x 5.25, then attached a piece of the same designer paper that I used for the background, cut to 2 inches wide and the same length, then attached white ruffled ribbon that I purchased from Really Reasonable Ribbon. 

For my image, I cut and embossed a heart using the Spellbinders Die - De - Lites die, Swirled Heart, using burgundy card stock, then cut out the background piece with the same light pink paper I used for the center band. I glued the two pieces together, then added the heart to a piece of white card stock, cut to 3" x 3.25", that was embossed with the hearts embossing folder from Darice, inked the hearts with red ink, then adhered the heart to the top of that piece. I then attached all the layered pieces to the top of the band.  For a little added touch, I added Jewel Dazzle hearts to the ribbon and the heart.

I hope you like my newest creation, and that you give me a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to check out the Card A Day Blog, every day for some great card making inspiration. Remember to check out our monthly challenge, where we will be awarding a prize to one lucky winner each month.  

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Such a sweet card, I love the embossing and inking and the cut is a really cute one