Sunday, August 11, 2013

CADB Post: Embossing

Hi there, and thanks for stopping by. It's time again for another post for me at the Card A Day Blog. This week's theme is embossing, and here is the card I made following that theme.


I was making a tag album, and I was using Tim Holtz Distress Ink, various stamps from my collection, and embossing powder to make all my tags, and I thought, this would be great for a card, and since this week's theme was embossing, I decided I would use the same supplies for my card, that I used for my tag album.

To make my card, I started off with a 5.50" x 4.25" white card base. I then cut a piece of white card stock, cut to 5.25" x 4", and with the Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad, Festive Berries, I decided to stamp the words Happy Birthday on the bottom of the card stock piece, since I needed a birthday card to send to someone. With the same stamp pad, I stamped the bird images on the upper part of the the white card stock piece, sprinkled them with clear embossing powder, then heat set the images. Then using a makeup sponge, I inked over the images. To finish off my card, I added a piece of red checkered ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon, across the top piece just above the sentiment. 

Please let me know what you think about my card, I just love to hear your comments. Be sure to visit the Card A Day Blog every day for some wonderful card making ideas. If you like to enter challenges, you might want to check out our monthly challenge. One lucky winner will win a great prize each month.



3 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Love what you did with this card, I'll have to give this technique a try.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my card! Your card is lovely and isn't the checkerboard ribbon from RRR so wonderful!?! I'm a new follower. ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Lindsay Weirich said...

it almost look like the birds are flocked...ha ha, flock of flocked birds!