Thursday, October 25, 2012

Card A Day Blog: Thanksgiving

It's time again for me to make another post on the Card A Day Blog, and this week's theme is, Thanksgiving.  So I pulled out my Thanksgiving and autumn stamps, and found one I thought would be fitting. The particular image I chose is from a stamp set I just recently purchased on a shopping trip, it's from the Inkadinkado set, Autumn Foliage. I chose my favorite stamp out of this set, the pumpkin on a vine, which is the main reasons I purchased the set.



To start with, I cut and folded a 5.5" x 4.25" card base. I then cut out a piece of acorn and leaves patterned paper from the DCWV Paper stack, Amber Autumn, cut to 5.25" x 4", then I matted it with a piece of dark brown cardstock, cut to just slightly larger than the patterned paper, and adhered that to the card base.

Next, I stamped my image from the autumn stamp set on white cardstock  using a versamark clear embossing pad, sprinkled some gold embossing powder on it, then after pouring off the excess powder, I heat set it with my heat gun. I then cut around the image, leaving a bit of white edge around it. I placed the embossed image on a mat that I made with the second to the last die from the Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles die set, that had the edges inked with the Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. I also inked my embossed image with the same ink. I then attached the matt and image in the middle of the card.

I don't have a stamp that says Happy Thanksgiving, so I typed the words out on my computer with a brown font color on white cardstock, cut around it, inked it with the same Tim Holz ink, and adhered it to the top left side of the mat.

As in a lot of my creations, I wanted to finish off my card by adding a little bling, so I took out my box of Viva Decor, and with the gold glitter liner, I put a dot on each corner of the sentiment  and a dot in the middle of each of the blooms on the image.

Thank you so much for checking out my latest card, and please, if you have the time, leave me a comment, I always love hearing what others think. Please be sure to check out our monthly challenge, a wonderful prize is offered to one lucky entry each month.


1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful card. I'll have to get some of that Mahogany Distress Ink it's a sweet color looks great with the embossing