Sunday, November 20, 2011

Card A Day Card; Shop Till They Drop

It's my turn once again to post a card for this week's theme, Christmas Shopping, on the Card A Day Blog. Here is my card that I made following the theme, I call it, Shop Till They Drop.



Here is the list of materials I used to create my card.
  • 8.5 x 5.5 inch piece of white card stock, folded in half for card base.
  • 5.24 x 4 inch piece of green card stock paper, embossed using my Cuttlebug, and the Christmas Ornaments embossing folder, and another piece of yellow card stock paper, just a bit larger than the green paper.
  • Red striped bakers twine.
  • Copic markers, Y08, G14 and R46.
  • Tall Presents stamps from, Outline Rubber Stamps, stamped on a piece of 2'x4.5' white card stock, mounted on a matt made out of a piece of burgundy card stock just slightly larger that the white stamped card stock.
  • Viva Decor Pearl Pen, yellow.
  • Words, " Shop Till They Drop," printed on from my computer, on white card stock.
To make my card, I adhered the yellow card stock to the card base, then I wrapped the baker's twine around the middle of the green, embossed piece, three times, spreading them out on the sides, and bringing them together in the middle, and adhering that piece to the yellow card stock. I then placed my stamped matted image on top of that layer. I typed out the words, Shop, then, Till They Drop on white card stock, cut them out, and inked around the edges of each piece, then placed them on my card using foam squares. I then dotted  some of the dots and stars on the printed image with a yellow Viva Decor Pearl Pen. I wanted to have it appear as if one of the gifts from the stack was dropping, so I used another stamped image of a gift that I had, also from Outline Rubber Stamps, and attached it using a foam square. On the inside of my card, I stamped the words, "Christmas is on its way".

Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment, and tell me what you think, and if you want to see more cards created by our other designers, check out the Card A Day Blog, for more creative ideas, and if you get the chance, enter the Card A Day Blog Challenges that are also offered each month. You might just win yourself some goodies. 

2 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Jill fantastic job on the card, love those colors! The embossing is a cute one too. The extra gift falling off is priceless. May borrow your idea for a card to send out next year. TFS

Creative Genie said...

Love your card, Jill, so bright and cheery!! Almost puts me in the mood for shopping...LOL